- Jobseeker Home
- Admin & Secretarial 1
- Agricultural & Harvesting 6
- Charity & Volunteering 1
- Construction & Property 6
- Customer Service 1
- Education 1
- Engineering 10
- Gap Year - Educational 30
- Gap Year - Sports 10
- Gap Year - Volunteering 34
- Health 9
- Hospitality 3
- HR & Training 1
- IT & Telecoms 5
- Management & Executive 1
- Manufacturing 15
- Medical 2
- Mining, Oil & Gas 5
- Motoring & Automotive 3
- Nursing 6
- Trades 52
- Transport & Logistics 4
- Working Holiday 1
- Gap Year Jobs
First Advertised August 30, 2013
Location Moose Jaw, Saskatchewan, Canada Salary Neg Job type Permanent – Full Time Deadline ongoing
Job Description - Millwright
Thunder Creek Pork, Inc.
Moose Jaw, Saskatchewan
Reporting to the Maintenance Manager at Thunder Creek Pork, in Moose Jaw SK the Millwright will install, maintain, troubleshoot and repair stationary industrial machinery and mechanical equipment. Industrial mechanics and millwrights should be able to communicate clearly in English to do their job well. Good oral communication skills are required to communicate with management, contractors and with co-workers. The millwright must also be able to read and follow blueprints.
- Interest in building and repairing a variety of mechanical systems
- Knowledge of computerized machinery
- Physical strength and stamina
- Ability to read blueprints and technical specifications
- Ability to visualize a layout by looking at plans
- Good verbal communication skills
- Ability to work to exacting standards
- Good eye-hand coordination and manual dexterity
- Ability to get along well with co-workers Completion of technical training
- Ability to work at heights or in cramped spaces
- Safety awareness and a responsible work attitude
- Mathematical and mechanical ability
- An analytical approach to problem-solving
- Interest in keeping up to date in the field
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Completing overhaul, maintenance or set-up of machinery
- Troubleshoot repairs
- Perform routine maintenance (clean, lubricate and perform other routine maintenance work on machinery)
- Construct foundations for machinery
- Assemble machinery and equipment prior to installation by using hand and power tools and welding equipment
- Perform safety and security checks
- Read blueprints, diagrams and schematic drawings to determine work procedures
- Install, align, take apart and move stationary industrial machinery and mechanical equipment, such as pumps, fans, tanks, conveyors, furnaces and generators according to layout plans using hand and power tool.
- Operate hoisting and lifting devices, such as cranes, jacks and tractors, to position machinery and parts during the installation, set-up and repair of machinery.
- Install, troubleshoot and maintain power transmission, vacuum, hydraulic and pneumatic systems and programmable logic controls.
- Adjust machinery and repair or replace defective parts.
- Operate machine tools such as lathes and grinders to fabricate parts required
- Employees who work five (5) days per week, eight (8) hours per day are entitled to two (2) fifteen (15) minute breaks one prior to lunch break and one post lunch break at or mid shift and one (1) thirty (30) minute unpaid lunch break at or near mid shift. This is usually a Monday to Friday shift, days and/or evenings.
- The Company may implement Flexible Work Shifts consisting of rotating shifts of either ten (10) or twelve (12) hour days for employees in the Maintenance Department. This may be a Thursday to Sunday shift, days and/or evenings.
- Rest breaks on a Flexible work shift are as follows: a fifteen (15) minute rest period one quarter (1/4) into shift; a thirty (30) minute rest period approximately mid-shift; a twenty (20) minute rest period approximately three-quarters (3/4) into the shift.
- Employees are exposed to controlled cold and hot temperatures, noise, a physically laborious fast paced and repetitive environment
- Completion of apprenticeship program or a combination of over five years of work experience in the trade and industrial machinery repair or millwrighting courses
- Must have the ability to successfully challenge the interprovincial Red Seal examination to achieve the Canadian Red Seal certification
- Must have the ability to work in a fast paced physically demanding atmosphere.
If you have the qualifications necessary to be successful in this role, and want to join a committed, energetic, team, please forward your resume and necessary documents to:
April Wiebe, CHRP
Corporate Human Resource Lead, Donald’s Fine Foods
Human Resource Manager, Thunder Creek Pork
Telephone: (306) 704-3103
Fax: (306) 693-8608
Donald’s Fine Foods / Thunder Creek Pork is an equal opportunity employer.
Please note we thank all applicants however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Donald’s Fine Foods, a family owned company providing specialty meat procurement, processing, and distribution of quality products and services from three Canadian sites to customers in Western Canadian and International Markets. Our facilities work in partnership to deliver an exceptional product.
Our talented, innovative and dedicated employees are passionate about providing quality products for all of our customers.
Donald’s Fine Foods is committed to our mission and core values of integrity, quality, innovation, superior customer service and dedicated people. Our company culture ensures respect, accountability and collaboration by valuing all of our employees and customers.